Song of My Father

 

Lately there seems to be a theme to these posts and, as I've mentioned, the theme seems to be big changes in my life. I've talked a lot about how God's been opening my eyes to various things that aren't going so well and are not healthy for me to continue, and today it became apparent that one very important thing in my life will eventually need to come to an end. I figured this would probably happen but the reality of it is overwhelming. I'm completely heartbroken, to say the least. I know I'm going to keep trying to figure out how I can fix it until the day it's done, but deep down I know there's nothing else I can do. 

With this new reality I, as always, took Bella on a walk feeling sad and lonely. While I was driving home and listening to music I wanted something new to lift my spirits. I remembered seeing a song in my Apple Library that I hadn't heard before and don't remember downloading so I decided to play it. It was perfect. As I was listening to it, I was humbled, teary eyed, and amazed once again at how quickly God came to my rescue the minute I turned to Him. While I was listening to the words, I looked down at my phone to see them on my screen and when I looked back up I saw this truck in front of me and written on it were the words, "Don't follow me, Follow Jesus." I don't know if God put that truck in front of me on purpose or not, but I do know he wanted to cheer me up and, indeed, that truck made me smile. I quickly took a picture and hurried off the exit feeling hopeful once again. There was something about those words that seemed to say, "Watch... your not only going to be okay, your going to be HAPPY"... I think this is a message we all need to hear right now. With the Pandemic and the war with Ukraine, it's too much... too much trauma, too much sadness, too much sorrow. So what we all need to hear right now is that, in time, we will not only be okay, we will be HAPPY again.

I know that it's not time yet for everything in my life to change... there's things that need to be put into place and I need to be better prepared, however, I am learning more and more each day and I'm feeling more and more confident in where I am headed. I can see that keeping my eyes on God and what He is saying is the key, and when I do this, His voice becomes clearer than the rest. Above the sound of the heartbreak, the confusion, the despair, I'm completely aware and infinitely grateful that there's nothing louder than the Song of My Father... and only then am I at peace


"I can hear you singing over me..."






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving Forward

Connection

So Long