Rewrite the Stars
Rewrite the Stars
Now that clarity is settling in and I'm recognizing that this relationship must end, I find myself reflecting on all the years we've spent together. It wasn’t all bad; we had our moments, and I wouldn’t have stayed married if it had been entirely negative. However, looking back, I realize a big part of it was my sense of solitude within the marriage and, tragically, feeling abandoned isn’t even the primary reason I know it has to end. In recent years, it’s been the devaluation and sense of being discarded that have taken their toll.
No one should feel alone in their marriage, and it’s never acceptable to be treated poorly. I refuse to model that kind of relationship for my daughters. I want them to understand what a healthy relationship looks like and recognize when it’s time to walk away. In the past, I let many things slide because I didn’t want my girls to suffer, but they are older now and can comprehend the situation better. It’s time to let go. My youngest daughter has just two more years of high school, which gives me time to prepare. Although this will still be challenging, it will be easier once she graduates.
Even though I know this decision is necessary, I’m still deeply saddened by it. Most people don’t enter marriage expecting divorce; this isn’t how it was supposed to unfold. In hindsight, I can see where I could have done things differently, but I can’t change the past. All I can do is move forward and strive to do better in the future.
I believe this is what God wants for us. He grants us the freedom to make our own choices, but I also know He is always guiding us toward the life we are meant to live. When we veer off course, He is there, ready to help us find our way back and begin anew. God desires for us to have relationships that are meaningful, reciprocal, and supportive. If we allow Him to lead, He will guide us to people who embody these qualities. I truly believe that God can’t wait to redirect us, reinvent us, and Rewrite the Stars for us...
"Say that the world can be ours..."
.jpeg)
Comments
Post a Comment