What I'm Waiting For
Sometimes, knowing what needs to change in your life makes waiting for that change the hardest part. I’ve learned that it’s unwise to try to force things to happen on our own. If we wait for God to orchestrate the changes, it often works out better—sometimes even beyond our expectations. Yet, the waiting can be excruciating. At times, we feel as though we can’t endure any more and wonder why nothing is happening. Other times, we question whether God is waiting for us to be ready.
It’s been only six months since I realized I needed to leave this unhealthy relationship, and already, I’m struggling to endure it. However, I recognize that this is a significant change, and God understands that I need to be ready and have time to ease into it. I tend to do better when I can see the bigger picture, and it seems God is revealing a new perspective to me at every turn. I sense He is preparing me for something new, and as challenging as it is to accept, I want to embrace the truth and discover my role in it.
Martha Beck, Author and creator of Wayfinder Coaching, speaks about how the space of truth can feel oddly relaxing and safe. Strangely enough, I’m beginning to experience that myself. With each truth I uncover, I feel a bittersweet blend of sadness and peace. Sometimes, I long for the days when life felt simpler—when my girls were little, surrounded by innocence, and happiness was found in the smallest moments: pigtails, high-pitched giggles, pink milk, Disney princesses, and little girls curled up in my lap. I miss those days and the joy of childhood. I realize that was the space where I thrived. I may not enjoy this adult life, but I understand that we all have to grow up and move on at some point.
Last week, amidst a particularly challenging day filled with nostalgia for simpler times, I remembered God telling me not long ago, “It’s not over.” I knew He was referring to my life—there’s still more to do and more life to live. With each new day, He offers me a fresh perspective, and I recognize that rushing into things could lead to chaos. I need to take my time and allow things to unfold naturally. Elizabeth Gilbert wisely advises, “Let go and see what God does with it.” I find this advice resonates deeply, and I’ve noticed that when I follow it, things tend to fall into place.
I feel incredibly fortunate to have had this time with my girls, and I look forward to creating more memories with them as they grow. They are the best part of my life and my greatest achievement. I also understand that life is filled with change, with seasons that come and go. Transitioning into this new season is especially challenging, but I trust that, in time, things will improve, and this new chapter will bring joys of it's own. In the meantime, I will do my best to stay calm, take things slowly, and remember, What I’m Waiting For…
Comments
Post a Comment