Where The Shadow Ends
Where the Shadow Ends
Moving Forward
Happy New Year!
I can hardly believe another year has come and gone, but I have to say, I’m relieved this year is finally over. It’s been tough, and I’ve been counting down the days until its end, eagerly anticipating a fresh start. That said, now that the new year has begun, I find myself a bit nervous about what lies ahead.
With this awareness, and after reading Martha Beck's book, The Way of Integrity, I’m trying to embrace her advice to stop resisting change. She states, “If we resist, we still lose things, but we don’t let good things be born. When we stop resisting and allow the ebb and flow of life, grief comes in, and a new birth happens. Then we discover an amazing world that we never knew existed.” I want to find that world. I want to be authentically myself, live my values, utilize my talents, share my gifts, and surround myself with people who appreciate these qualities in me. I also long to be around those who are eager to reveal their true selves to me. That might seem like a lot to ask, but after all I’ve learned the key to true peace and happiness is living the life we were made for, I’m ready to take that leap of faith. I’ve found that as I make small shifts in the right direction, things start to align. However, I recognize that letting go of what isn’t working will be the hardest part.
Yet, I believe it’s time. Despite the challenges of this past year, I’ve gained profound insights about myself, relationships, relinquishing control, standing my ground, following my inner compass, and trusting God. I dare say I’ve learned more this past year than in my entire life. Martha also says, “Never more than when we’re drowning are we learning.” If that’s true, then I’ve certainly acquired a wealth of knowledge this year.
I feel ready for this final stretch, although only God knows if I’m truly prepared. In the meantime, I will continue to learn, focus on the inner peace that guides me, mourn what I’m leaving behind, and look forward to what lies ahead, Where the Shadow Ends...
“Underneath the roaring of the storm, I can hear the breaking of the dawn...”
Comments
Post a Comment