Time After Time
Time After Time
Now that it's getting closer to the end, I'm finding there's much to do in order to be prepared. I’m working diligently to get my finances in order and separate and organize assets. I also finished my Master Degree and have started a coaching business called Daylight Coaching. Once I know what I need to do, I have a tendency to dive right in. Yet, as we all know, things often take longer than we expect. Throughout my life, I’ve learned that it must be God’s timing or it simply won’t work. Whenever I feel anxious, desperate, or a sense of urgency to rush the process, I remind myself to slow down.
This reminder came to me in a profound way when Pink’s version of "Time After Time" popped up while I was scrolling through YouTube. There’s likely a logical reason for its appearance, but it often seems that the perfect song shows up just when I need it. I listened to it, and the lyrics that resonated with me were, “Sometimes you picture me, I’m walking too far ahead. You’re calling to me, I can’t hear what you’ve said. Then you say, go slow, I fall behind"
As much as I want to rush ahead, I’ve learned that this isn’t wise; I still need God to lead the way. There are things that need to be worked out, put into place, and mountains that still need to move. So, all I can do is continue what I’m doing, take it one day at a time, and wait for doors to open.
As I wait, I’m realizing I’m learning many important lessons. It’s been over a year since I acknowledged that my marriage is likely ending—a long time to linger in a place that no longer serves me. Yet, I can see the growth I’ve experienced: the power and peace that comes with truth, the importance of healthy boundaries and reciprocity in relationships, and the vital understanding that everyone deserves to be loved and appreciated for who they are. I’m also practicing patience and I've learned to pause and listen when I feel like I’m “falling behind.” I now understand that God wants me to slow down, not to torture me, but because He is trying to teach me something, convey a message, or show me a new perspective.
Three years ago, shortly after my life was turned upside down from my car accident, God told me to “Be still and watch.” Since then, I’ve practiced stepping back, listening, and observing before I move forward. Everything I’ve learned has come from this practice, and it has truly transformed my life. I’ve realized that God isn’t just taking His time to pull me out of this situation for no reason; He’s allowing things to unfold in a way that benefits me, ensuring that I am fully prepared and in a good place when it’s time to move on.
This is the God I know. I’ve set aside all notions of “religion,” the beliefs of others, and any “rules” or “must-dos” regarding spirituality. I’m not even sure if His name is God or if He’s a “He.” All I know is that this Divine Being, who serves as my compass, is wise, loyal, bold, just, faithful, and simple. That’s all I need. Throughout my life, He has been there to guide, strengthen, defend, and love me in a way that's perfectly suited for ME.
So, I have no doubt that He will see me through this as well. He has done it before, and He will continue to do so... Time After Time...
Comments
Post a Comment