Brave

As I take these final steps to get out of a bad situation, I find that I am needing to become braver and braver with each step I take. Soon I will be completely on my own and for the most part these days when I need help with something, I look around to see that there's nobody there, so I have to figure it out myself. I have found, however, that on the bright side, I've done things this past year that I never thought I'd be able to do, and proud to say that I'm able to pretty much figure it out as I go along. This is giving me the confidence that I need to continue to do so, and honestly, as hard as it's been, I don't think I would have had the courage to be this brave in the past. As I always say, I don't think God forces us into anything, but I do think when we give God the okay to take us where we need to go in order to grow and be in a better place, He wastes no time telling us to "Put on our seat belt" because we're in for a ride.  

This is hard for us though. It's hard getting out of our comfort zones, it's hard acknowledging what needs to change, and it's hard trusting that we won't fail, and instead, end up in a better place. I'm still in this phase of having to trust that it will all work out. It takes all I can do not to say, "Never mind, I'm just going to go back to where I felt safe", although, I have nowhere to go back to anymore, and I've come too far to quit so all I can do is continue on. I read something the other day that said how it's not when we see the light at the end of the tunnel that we become enlightened, it's when we’re in complete darkness and ready to quit, but instead choose to keep going that we find enlightenment. That feels true to me... it's when we have faith even when we can't see the light, that the light appears. Some people give up and go back, but we need to keep going in order to find what God has in store for us. So with this in mind I'm trying to remember how Eckhart Tolle said to "Resist Nothing" when it comes to divine intervention and let God take me wherever He wants me to go.

So It's interesting, when I went with my girls and my sisters to the Taylor Swift concert my sister had bought a bunch of t-shirts with Taylor's Era's on them. They didn't have one with the RED Era so I didn't really care which one I wore. After they were all picked, the shirt that was left was the Fearless Era, which was fine, other than it was probably the album I knew least. Now I think it's completely fitting for this time of my life. It looks like God is leading me into my Fearless Era! 

With that in mind, I really wanted to put Taylor's song Fearless on this post, but it's clearly a love song and didn't quit say everything I wanted it to say for this time of my life so I chose Ella Henderson's song Brave because it seemed to better capture the moment. This song reminds me of what God is wanting to do for all of us if we will just let go and let Him do it. In the process we can grab hold of others as we go along... giving support to one another as we all become Brave...

    "You take my hand and drag me head first fearless..."





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving Forward

Connection

So Long