A Brand New Day
A Brand New Day
Spring is here, and for the first time in a long while, I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel after several incredibly challenging years. In just a few more months, I’ll be able to move forward. I’ve learned more during these past few years than I ever imagined possible, and it feels as though God has been teaching me one lesson after another. I trust that all of this is preparing me for what lies ahead, and I’ve learned to rely on those lessons when life gets difficult and I need to find a new way forward.
One lesson I’ve learned recently is that I can’t save everyone. While trying to keep my own head above water, I’ve also had people in my life who needed extra support. I don’t mind helping others—in fact, I believe it’s important to be there when someone needs encouragement. But I’m learning that we can’t keep others from drowning when we’re barely staying afloat ourselves.
My instinct has always been to drop everything to make sure everyone else is okay. Ultimately, though, each person must be the hero of their own story. I have to recognize when it’s time to let go and allow others to navigate their own journeys.
With this new awareness, I’m turning my focus back to what I need to do while reminding others that I’m here for them as they work through what they need to face. Already, I feel lighter. This has been a lesson in recognizing when it’s my responsibility to help—and when it’s not my burden to carry.
I also think I needed the reminder that, in the end, God is in control. He will be there for them, just as He has always been there for me.
As I continue moving forward, I’m learning to hold only what I’ve been given to carry. And I’m encouraged by the thought that perhaps what I’ve been given at this time of my life is A Brand New Day…
"I Know I'll be okay..."
Comments
Post a Comment