A Brand New Day

It's been a long time coming, and I'm still not out of the woods yet (I must have Taylor Swift lyrics on my mind with her new album coming out at Midnight!), but I feel like I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel after a few hard, hard years. I've learned more these last few years than I think I have in my entire life, and although, I realize things will never be perfect, I think I understand now what it takes to create the life that was meant for us and have the freedom to live it.

Speaking of Taylor's new album, as I've said in previous posts, I always wonder how it's going to relate to my life right now. In the past, almost all of them have felt like the playlist for my life at the time, so I'm curious to hear this new one. I know the titles of some of the songs are already hitting a nerve, one of which is called I Can Change Him (No I Really Can)... Just the title is already relating to a lesson I've learned recently, and not with just one person in my life, but a few. I've said before that my first instinct is always to drop everything to make sure everyone else is okay, but I've finally learned that I can't keep everyone else afloat if I'm drowning. I always think I can help them, I can keep harmony in all the relationships, I can change the situation, I can save everyone. As it turns out I can't. All I can do really is take care of me. I can be there for those I care about and those who care about me in return, but everyone has to be the savior for their own lives, and I have to recognize when it's time to let go and let that happen. 

So as I see things more clearly now, I resolve to go about my life on my own path doing what feels most true to me. Helping others, but not to my breaking point, and only putting energy into relationships that are uplifting and reciprocated. It's the only way to the life that we long for and I can see already that doing this is working. I already feel more free, more confident, and more peaceful. And I can see more people coming into my life that are the people I want to be around. We're not going to find our people, or our purpose on someone else's path, we have to stick to our own. 

Therefore, as I head out on this new adventure, determined to stay on my own path, and find my own way, it really does feel like A Brand New Day...

 

"I Know... I'll be ok..." 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving Forward

Connection

So Long