Butterflies

Butterflies

I’m finding that as I approach complete freedom, my eagerness to move on to the next chapter intensifies. A friend recently described my situation as being in a holding pattern, waiting to get my wheels off the ground. That analogy resonates deeply with me; it feels like I’ve been circling for quite some time, and now that I’m on the verge of taking off, I’m more than ready to soar. There are still a few tasks left—selling the house, packing up, and moving—but I can see the finish line.

Of course, we never truly know if we’re ready until everything is finalized. I recall Martha Beck discussing how caterpillars, when they enter their cocoons, dissolve into a liquid state as their DNA completely rearranges. Eventually, when the time is right, they emerge transformed into butterflies—having completely shed their old selves to become something entirely new, complete with wings.

It’s challenging not to feel impatient when you’ve been waiting for change and improvement. Over the past few years, it seems like I’ve taken the smallest steps, and everything has progressed at a snail's pace. Yet, amidst that slow movement, I’ve experienced significant changes. I realize this time has been necessary for processing, planning, growing, and preparing. Although the future feels daunting, I’m beginning to feel more confident in my ability to handle whatever comes my way.

In learning to be patient, I’m focusing on enjoying the present moment. Life has a way of accelerating when it finally decides to shift, so I’m tuning in to my intuition and trusting God to guide me when I’m ready for takeoff. For now, as I remain in this holding pattern, I’m savoring my favorite season: taking walks through the colorful leaves, sipping pumpkin chai lattes, coloring fall-themed pictures in the backyard, and painting pumpkins with my girls as I wait for the Butterflies...

"I came out new all because of you..."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twilight

Daylight

Let It Go