Home
Home
I was right—once things started to pick up, time flew by. In the past month, we sold our house, packed up, and moved. While everything went smoothly, anyone who has sold a house knows it can be incredibly nerve-wracking. Preparing the home for sale, getting it listed, being ready to tidy up and leave at a moment’s notice for showings, hoping it sells before the holidays, finding a new place to move, packing everything up… it’s a whirlwind. In my case, I also needed to find somewhere to move before the closing date, allowing me to clean out the old house and head straight to the new one, all before I had the funds from the sale for a down payment. Watching everything fall into place felt miraculous, and it’s comforting to know that a young, lovely couple bought the house and will surely cherish it as much as I did.
The hardest part was leaving the home where I had spent 20 years—where my girls grew up and where I spent most of my time. I loved that small, cozy space and would give anything for just one more day there, hosting fashion shows and spa nights with my little girls. Those moments felt like the closest I ever came to a sense of normalcy. When I was home with them, I felt like I was fulfilling my purpose, surrounded by comfort and peace.
Now, I’m hopeful for the opportunity to embrace more of what I was meant to do. The last five years have been filled with chaos and uncertainty, but I feel like I’m finally moving toward a place of stability. Leaving that house was a significant step in moving on, and thankfully, my youngest daughter is still with me for now. I know that wherever we go, it won't be the same "home" for my girls, but one day they’ll create their own homes, and I hope to find that feeling again, too.
In the meantime, I can already picture us going shopping to revive those fashion shows, followed by cozying up in pajamas for a spa night. Adding dinner and cupcakes will surely seal the deal; there’s no way they’ll turn that down!
This picture is one I placed on my shelf shortly after we moved in. It was the last thing I took down from the old house and the first thing I put up in the new one. It serves as a reminder that no matter where I move in the future, as long as my girls are with me, it will always feel like Home...
"Settle down it'll all be clear..."

Comments
Post a Comment