You Make It Feel Like Christmas
You Make It Feel Like Christmas
Merry Christmas! Since my last post, I’ve been focusing on not only appreciating this holiday season but also recognizing the gifts I’ve recently received. If you’ve been following this blog, you know that the past year—or two, or even ten—has been challenging. While things still aren’t exactly where I want them to be, I can see signs of transformation toward something much better. In the meantime, I’m trying to practice patience as everything unfolds, and I was pleasantly surprised to receive what feels like a reward for my efforts.
In the past month, I’ve been given not one, but two completely unexpected gifts. The first was tickets to the Taylor Swift Eras Tour, which we soon realized was nothing short of a miracle. Now, don’t get me wrong—it took a lot of work: applying for a Capital One card, pre-registering for Ticketmaster weeks in advance, spending two long days “in queue” waiting to click on the first available seats, and enduring long text chats filled with Taylor Swift GIFs alongside my sisters. But… WE GOT TICKETS! You might say we just got lucky, and maybe we did, but if you’ve been reading this blog, you know that luck is rarely on my side. So, I think we can all agree this was more than mere chance. Either way, it feels like a gift—a glimpse of what the future might hold.
The second delightful surprise was a ticket to see Moulin Rouge on Broadway in Salt Lake City. This was completely unexpected. A friend received the tickets from someone who wanted her to know she was appreciated, and she invited me along! So, not only did I receive one unexpected gift, but two! Isn’t it interesting how it often works that way? Just when we feel like nothing is going right and we’re cursed, something good happens, and hope is reignited.
I know they’re just show tickets, but these experiences reminded me that even during hard times, good things can come our way—especially when we least expect them.
So, thank you, God, as always—not just for the gifts, but for reminding me to keep hanging in there because good things are on the horizon. You truly make it feel like Christmas!
Comments
Post a Comment